I have been asked many times how to put your own images into a rotating gallery. Until now the only choice you had was the NextGEN plugin, which has limitations, is complicated to set up, and lacks some important features.
Help is at hand! Enter the Rotating Image Gallery!
The new article, “Tutorial: Rotating Image Gallery for Pages and Sidebars” shows you how to use this versatile and simple method of putting your own images into a gallery.
A zip file with everything you need is available to make it easy for you to try it out for yourself!
The Rotating Image Gallery has these great features:
- Easy to install and use.
- Can be placed anywhere there is a hook, and even in a widget.
- Any number of images of any size can be displayed.
- Images can be clickable links.
- Captions are optional, and can have links in them.
- The Image Gallery can have optional directional arrows and a pause button.
- Multiple galleries can be shown on the same page.
- Loops to the beginning after showing the last image, rather than stopping.
- You have complete control over slide speed, display time, captions, etc of every Image Gallery separately.
- You can configure fonts, borders, etc in the custom.css file.
- You can use the Image Gallery right out of the box! Included in the zip file are the images used in this tutorial.
So why not show off all your great photos and give it a whirl?